It's a group's responsibility to keep up with the group in front and maintain the pace of play. If it loses a clear hole and is delaying the group behind, it should invite the group behind to play through. Where a group has not lost a clear hole, but it is apparent that the group behind can play faster, it should invite the faster moving group to play through.
The 1st Tee will normally be closed 30 minutes ahead of published times for Club Competitions and Club Matches, and 5 minutes for Society visits and other booked Tee times. Details are normally published in the Diary and on the Clubhouse Events board.
- With the exception of Members' Guests, Visitors play will be restricted to the following times:-
- Monday 10.00am - 12.00pm & 1.30pm - 4.00pm
- Tuesday 1.30pm - 4.00pm
- Wednesday 10.00am - 12.00pm & 1.30pm - 4.00pm
- Friday 10.00am - 12.00pm & 1.30 - 4.00pm
Any bookings taken (e.g.charity or corporate golf days) within these times requires authorisation from the General Committee
- Members playing social golf MUST give way to those playing in Club Competitions or Club Matches.
SINGLES AND FOURSOMES
The Committee has ruled that in the absence of special rules, singles matches and any other 2-ball matches have precedence over, and are entitled to go through, any other kind of match.
The Committee has ruled that a single player has no standing and must give way to any other kind of match
FIVE BALL (or more) GAMES and GROUPS
These are NOT permitted at any time.
Any match playing a part round must give way to a match playing a full round
Matches starting at the 1st and 10th must alternate with oncoming matches.
Tuesday is Ladies' Day. However Adult Playing Members may play 9 holes prior to the Ladies competitions starting (tees to be cleared by 08:30 in winter and 08:15 in summer). The course will be available for general play from 12.00 noon onwards, except on Ladies' major competition days.
The Committee have ruled that on Saturdays when there is no competition in progress, two, three and four-ball matches have equal standing.
- 1st Tee :- 8.00am to 10.00am - 16 bookable time slots (reserved for Pro's Comp Competitors ONLY)
- 1st Tee :- After 10.00am - Pro's Comp Competitors and non-competitors have equal standing
- 10th Tee :- 8.00am to 9.30am - non-competitors have PRIORITY over Pro's Comp competitors
- 10th Tee :- After 9.30am - Pro's Comp Competitors and non-competitors have equal standing
- Ladies may play their own competitions on a Saturday when the format of play is the same as for a Gents’ competition being played on the same day.
- However, a number of Saturdays will remain Gents’ only for competition play (i.e. The Coronation, Invitations, Captain’s Day etc).
- Entry to Saturday competitions will be by Bookable Entry Timesheet only. Further information on the Members' area of the website.
SUNDAY MORNING PLAY
Adult Full Members can play at any time on Sundays – but are asked to respect the formats generally adopted for social play by starting from both tees prior to 09:00, and to abide by the convention that only the Captain has courtesy on a Sunday morning. The Committee have ruled that 2, 3 and 4 balls have equal standing on these mornings. Ladies playing on Sunday are requested not to play competition golf before 10.00 am, after which they may play at any time (subject to other diary constraints.)
- Juniors with CONGU handicaps may play:-
- in adult competitions after 09.30 but must play alongside at least one Adult Full Member.
- after 09.30 on Sundays when accompanied by an Adult Full Member.
- after 12 noon on Sundays unaccompanied.
- at any other time of the week when the course is available for general play.
- Juniors without CONGU handicaps may play:-
- on week days before 16.30, after which they must be accompanied by an Adult Full Member.
- after 16.30 on Saturdays & Sundays.
- PLEASE NOTE that priority on the Course regulations currently in force apply
- Parents MUST remain at the Club whilst their children are participating in coaching sessions