Open Competitions Series 2020
The Stanton Open Competitions Series allows golfers from many other clubs to compete on a National Championship course praised by visitors for its challenge and quality - in particular the greens.
The course has an enviable reputation of being in excellent condition throughout the year and in addition has some of the best greens in the country.
In 2019 Stanton was awarded Championship Venue Of The Year following hosting the English Seniors County Finals. Here are a couple of examples of the feedback the club received:
"Totally organised catering of a very high standard. Great practice facilities, very helpful staff in every department – all topped off with the purest putting surface you could ever want." - Tony Coles (Dorset)
"Fantastic club, course and staff. The welcome and support from members has been amazing. The best greens we’ve seen!!" - Phil Harvey (County Secretary, Lancashire Union of Golf Clubs Ltd)
Our Open Competitions are very popular, so please submit your entry early to avoid disappointment.
ENTRY AVAILABLE NOW
For 2020, the Stanton Open Competitions Series will comprise the following:
|Spring Mixed Open||Sunday 24th May||Better-ball Stableford||BOOK||FORM||£80 per couple|
|Coronation Trophy||Saturday 6th June||Better-ball Medal||BOOK||FORM||£60 per pair|
|Ladies Open||Thursday 30th July||Team Am-Am||BOOK||FORM||£60 per team
|Charity Open||Sunday 16th August||Better-ball Stableford - Shotgun start at 1.30pm||BOOK||FORM||£70 per pair
|Senior Men's Open||Wednesday 26th August||Better-ball Stableford||BOOK||FORM||£60 per pair|
|Men’s Strokeplay Open||Saturday 5th September||Singles Medal||BOOK||FORM
||£20 per person|
|Autumn Mixed Open||Sunday 6th September||Better-ball Stableford||BOOK
||FORM||£80 per couple|
- Online Booking will be available from Monday 6th January 2020.
General Rules for Open Competitions
- Competitions are open to players with an Official Active Club Handicap within the limits stated for each competition
- Applications will not be accepted unless CDH numbers for all players are included in the application
- Entries can only be accepted on receipt of the appropriate fee
- Distance measuring devices are permitted in SOWGC Open competitions
- Please kindly observe our Dress Code. The Club reserves the right to refuse admission to the Course or Clubhouse if individuals are not able to comply with our dress code.
- As a courtesy to the Captains, Prize Winners or their substitutes are expected to attend the Prize Giving where appropriate.
- Buggies: where a medical conditions requires there are a limited number of buggies for hire and these must be applied for via the Club office in writing.
- Where shown, Conditions of Competition (CoC) for each event may also be downloaded separately using the links from the table above.
These take precedence over any discrepancies with those on the equivalent down-loadable entry form.
For further details, please contact the Office