Open Competitions Series 2019
The Stanton Open Competitions Series allows golfers from many other clubs to compete on a National Championship course praised by visitors for its challenge and quality - in particular the greens.
The course has an enviable reputation of being in excellent condition throughout the year and in addition has some of the best greens in the country.
In October 2018 Stanton hosted the National Seniors Finals and the course and club received high praise from all competitors. Here are a couple of examples:
"Totally organised catering of a very high standard. Great practice facilities, very helpful staff in every department – all topped off with the purest putting surface you could ever want." - Tony Coles (Dorset)
"Fantastic club, course and staff. The welcome and support from members has been amazing. The best greens we’ve seen!!" - Phil Harvey (County Secretary, Lancashire Union of Golf Clubs Ltd)
For 2019, the Stanton Open Competitions Series will comprise the following:
|Coronation Trophy||Saturday 1st June||Better-ball Medal||Book||EF||CoC|
|5 Player Team Open||Sunday 14th July||Team Aggregate (best 4 from 5 scores to count)||Book||EF||CoC|
|Ladies Open||Tuesday 6th August||Team Am-Am||Book||EF||CoC|
|Charity Open||Sunday 18th August||Better-ball Stableford - Shotgun start at 1.30pm||Book||EF||CoC|
|Senior Mens Open||Wednesday 28th August||Better-ball Stableford||Book||EF||CoC|
|Men’s Strokeplay Open||Saturday 7th September||Singles Medal||Book||EF||CoC|
|Mixed Open||Sunday 8th September||Better-ball Stableford||Book||EF||CoC|
- book online and pay via BACS
- download an entry form, complete and return to the Office with payment via cheque OR BACS.
- If paying via BACS, please don't forget to include the reference shown on the booking/entry form used.
General Rules for Open Competitions
- Competitions are open to players with an Official Active Club Handicap within the limits stated for each competition
- Applications will not be accepted unless CDH numbers for all players are included in the application
- Entries can only be accepted on receipt of the appropriate fee
- Distance measuring devices are permitted in SOWGC Open competitions
- Please kindly observe our Dress Code. The Club reserves the right to refuse admission to the Course or Clubhouse if individuals are not able to comply with our dress code.
- As a courtesy to the Captains, Prize Winners or their substitutes are expected to attend the Prize Giving where appropriate.
- Buggies: where a medical conditions requires there are a limited number of buggies for hire and these must be applied for via the Club office in writing.
- Conditions of Competition (CoC) for each event may also be downloaded separately using the links from the table above.
These take precedence over any discrepancies with those on the equivalent down-loadable entry form.
For further details, please contact the Office
|File Name||File Size|