Thank you for your interest in becoming a Member of Stanton-on-the-Wolds Golf Club.
As Stanton-on-the-Wolds Golf Club is owned by the Members, we can invest in the course and the clubhouse to ensure that we provide the best possible standards for the Members at the same time as safeguarding the long term future of the Club.
Membership is limited in numbers. Keeping the membership to these limits ensures ease of access to the golf course.
Society play is limited to Mondays, Tuesday afternoons, Wednesdays and Fridays between 10am-12pm and 1.30pm-4pm.
The only visitor play permitted outside these times is as guests of Members.
Other Membership Benefits:-
- Playing a first class manicured parkland course recognised as one of the very best courses in Nottinghamshire.
- Good tee availability for Member play and a good pace of play i.e. 3hr 45mins for a 3 ball round.
- A full calendar of over competitions and knock-outs events.
- InterClub matches for all standards of Ladies & Gentlemen.
- A reciprocal agreement to play courses all around the country through our membership of the 1906 Group.
- Access to the County Card scheme giving discounted golf at clubs in 17 counties.
- Third Party Golf Insurance
- Excellent Professional Staff to help you develop your game or just get it back on track.
- Members' discount of 14% on bar and 10% on some catering through use of your Club Card.
- Use of dining/private function room for your private parties or business meetings.
- Excellent cuisine from our caterers who produce everything from bar snacks to à la carte dining.
- A busy social calendar.
- A warm welcome to Members' families.
- Easy access to Club from the A46.
In the first instance please contact the Office and we will discuss with you the various Membership Packages most suitable for you.
A Membership Application Form is available for downloading.
There is currently no waiting list for Membership.
Testimonials of recent Members
From Mrs Sue Smith:-
From my very first visit to Stanton I have been made to feel warmly welcomed from everybody, from club managers to captains (and those with various responsibilities) to lady golfers who have been playing for many years. This was a refreshing change from a previous club where I felt as if I was just a number and my membership was not very important.
I had been told that the ladies of Stanton were friendly but did not anticipate that on my first Tuesday morning visit every lady would introduce herself to me and make me feel part of the lady golfer’s team. The lady captain herself asked me to join her in 9 holes and I soon found that joining other groups was encouraged and the best way to get to know people. The better golfers are very encouraging and can all recount times when their golf has been less than perfect.
I attended an introduction evening which was very useful in getting to know the various captains, match and handicap secretaries etc. and again very warmly welcomed.
I cannot praise the Club office team highly enough for ensuring that my entry into the club was as easy and pleasurable as possible, ringing to check that I am happy with my golfing experience and that I have everything I can possibly want from my membership.
Even my husband has noticed that I always come home smiling after a game, recounting how friendly various people have been and how my often troubled standard of play has not caused any concern. Overall it's an absolute pleasure to play and be a member at Stanton.