READY GOLF AT STANTON
Ready Golf means BEING READY to play; not playing when you're ready.
Here are some simple rules:-
- Walk to your ball as soon as possible, so that you can choose your club and think about the shot in ADVANCE, not when it is your turn.
- When driving a cart, drop off your partner first, let your partner choose his/her club, and then drive to your own ball to get READY to play.
- When a ball is lost, hit your shot FIRST and then help look for the lost ball.
- Walk down the SIDES of the fairway to reach your ball and then APPROACH it from the centre. NEVER play in a caravan, moving in a group from ball to ball.
- When on the Green, line up your putt BEFORE it is your turn, and putt out immediately instead of marking, if you are not in someone else's line.
- Keep up with the group ahead of you, not just in front of the group behind.
- Watch your time (maximum is 2 hours per 9 holes).
- Keep moving at a steady pace and it will make it enjoyable for everyone.
In the News:-
France's team of Raphael Jacquelin, Alex Levy, Gregory Havret and Romain Wattel have set a new world record of 34.8 seconds to complete a 500-yard hole as a relay. (The express permission of the Club Manager must be sought before planning a similar escapade at Stanton!!)
Although Stanton Members and Visitors are not expected to attain these dizzy heights, just a 10% improvement on average times taken to complete a round would not go unnoticed!