The annual Ladies Open got off to a bright and breezy start, with the starter in her floral headgear and the Ladies all looking colourful, co-ordinated and hopeful.
From a total field of 144, 128 Lady Visitors from 34 clubs situated all around the Midlands, experienced a mix bag of weather and the klaxon stopping play whilst thunder reigned above. Once play resumed after a brief interlude the scores came pouring in, and the leaderboard frequently changed with the top two teams being in the last three groups to submit cards.
The group from Mickleover claimed the day, being the winning team, the nearest the pin and longest drive prizes. With their scores littered with birdies and an eagle, they beat the team from Kibworth on count-back, so well done Ladies! We look forward to welcoming you back next year.
There was no prize presentation, so vouchers will be sent out in the post to the Team Leaders very shortly for onward distribution to the rest of their Teams.
Many thanks go to the hardworking team of Ladies, Gents and Staff from SWGC, who made this a very smoothly run and well enjoyed event. Also last but not least a special vote of thanks to our Greenkeeping Staff from the winning Team, who were all most effusive in their praise of our wonderful course.
Overall Winners - 80 points (on countback)
- Debbie Deakin (Mickleover)
- Lesley Watson (Mickleover)
- Tres Lea (Mickleover)
- Lorna Riley (Mickleover)
2nd place - 80 points
- Patricia Formoy (Kibworth)
- Sue Barkes (Kibworth)
- Wendy Quilter (Kibworth)
- Wendy Williams (Kibworth)
3rd place - 77 points
- Barbara Cotton (Rothley Park)
- Kim Robertson (Rushcliffe)
- Deborah Allen (Charnwood Forest)
- Judy Broadhurst (Rothley Park)
4th place - 76 points
- Frances Tunnicliffe (Stanton-on-the-Wolds)
- Hilary Horton (Notts Ladies)
- Kath Oscroft (Stanton-on-the-Wolds)
- Sue Brown (The Nottinghamshire)
5th place - 75 points
- Sue Bennett (Ruddington Grange)
- Karen Donnelly (Ruddington Grange)
- Margaret Thorpe (Ruddington Grange)
- Jill Atkinson (The Nottinghamshire)
A full set of results may be downloaded from the Club's website
Winner of the Nearest the Pin prize (on the 5th) : DEBBIE DEAKIN (Mickleover)
Winner of the Longest Drive prize (on the 9th) : LORNA RILEY (Mickleover)
Stanton-on-the-Wolds Golf Club