Spinal Research Charity Day
On Wednesday 11th May 2016, Stanton-on-the-Wolds Golf Club hosted an 18 hole shotgun start Stableford Competition in aid of Spinal Research, the UK’s leading charity funding medical research around the world to develop reliable treatments for paralysis caused by spinal cord injury.
Almost £5000 was raised on the day for the Charity - a magnificent effort.
Many, many thanks to the organisers and competitors who all contributed so generously in all sorts of different ways to make the day such a huge success.
- 1st - Loughborough Rd Dental Practice - Capt Jeff Cushnie (Radcliffe-on-Trent GC)
- 2nd - Swing it to Wing it - Capt Paul Clarkson (Ruddington Grange)
- 3rd - The Tinglers - Capt Ricky Dunn (Hollinwell)
- 4th - Mickleover Old Boys - Capt Mick Riley (Mickleover)
- Longest Drive Men - Tom Dickens (Radcliffe)
- Longest Drive Ladies - Fran Tunnicliffe (Stanton)
- Nearest the Pin 5th and 15th - Abbie Chambers (The Nottinghamshire)
A fuller report (with photos of the day's events) is available in the Club's website gallery.